Welcome to The Banker Database
The Banker Database is a service of the Financial Times, providing you with comprehensive financial data, news feeds and executive contact data on the leading banks in every country. We track key indicators, including itemised breakdowns of banks' balance sheets, profit and loss accounts, and regulatory capital data. Our data has been normalised for regional reporting and regulatory variations, and has formed the basis of The Banker's monthly bank rankings, including the world-renowned Top 1000 World Banks, since 1970.
Click here for a full list of banks we track.
Browse the Database Click on the map to view summary content data and display the largest banks by country in the table below
Top 5 Banks - Top 1000 World Banks 2012
|Bank Name||Latest FYE||Tier 1 Capital||Total Assets||Profits||ROA||CAR||Financial Records|
|Industrial and Commercial Ban..||31-Dec-12||$160,645 mn||$2,788,905 mn||$49,075 mn||1.76%||5.76%||24 years|
|Bank of America||31-Dec-11||$159,232 mn||$2,136,577 mn||$-230 mn||-0.01%||7.45%||24 years|
|HSBC Holdings||31-Dec-12||$151,048 mn||$2,692,538 mn||$20,649 mn||0.77%||5.61%||25 years|
|JP Morgan Chase & Co||31-Dec-11||$150,384 mn||$2,265,792 mn||$26,749 mn||1.18%||6.64%||24 years|
|China Construction Bank Corpo..||31-Dec-12||$137,600 mn||$2,221,435 mn||$39,974 mn||1.80%||6.19%||25 years|
Latest rankings from The Banker
Register to the free 14-day trial
The trial is designed to showcase the extensive data and range of features available in The Banker Database.
You will have access to data from the top 50 banks in the Top 1000 World Banks 2012 Ranking, which can be analysed using the advanced functionality available to subscribers.
Why subscribe to The Banker Database?
A subscription to The Banker Database enables you to access bank profiles, including current and historical financial results, ranking history, benchmark tools, senior management, FT news and market data.
The Banker Database provides:
- Comprehensive coverage of the leading banks in every country
- Data normalised for regional reporting and regulatory variations
- Time series data covering more than 25 years
- Detailed itemisation of income statements, balance sheet, composition of banks' liabilities and capital structures
- Access to Financial Times data and news feeds, including bank share prices, news analysis and forecasts
- Country and regional aggregate data
- Non-financial indicators including customer, ATM, employee and branch numbers
- Senior management data, including board members and divisional heads
- Advanced search, filtering, graphing and custom ranking functionality
- User-defined benchmarking functions for peer group analysis
- Downloadable search results
Join us on LinkedIn
Join The Banker on LinkedIn to connect with fellow banking and finance professionals and discuss the latest developments in financial markets.
|Welcome > Rankings > Map > Comparisons > Search > Bank Data|
Welcome to The Banker Database
Thank you for registering to The Banker Database trial.